Family Support (FS)
Using the Solution-Based Casework Child Welfare practice model this program provides services tailored to the needs of families and children through case management, resource navigation, service referrals, parenting skills, and support with concrete needs, as well as regular in-home assessments of child safety and well-being.
Family Treatment Rehabilitative (FT/R)
This program is appropriate for families where the primary issue is a caregiver or child’s substance use or mental health challenge. The clinical team provides counseling and services that are tailored to the needs of families and children through case management, resource navigation, service referrals, parenting skills, and support with concrete needs, as well as regular in-home assessments of child safety and well-being.
Program deliverables are guided by our four Core Values
- Equity: We strive for excellence in all that we do and true excellence requires respect, dignity, and acceptance of all humanity. All of our actions and decisions are unbiased and impartial.
- Meaningful Impact: We believe that outcomes are measurable and sustainable. As a result of our commitment to effective service-delivery, most individuals and families are able to thrive once receiving services from LESFU.
- Transparency and Accountability: We hold ourselves to the highest standards organizational integrity and responsible stewardship, which require open, broad, and thorough disclosure of decisions, processes, and procedures; and
- Collaboration and Partnership: We embrace sharing knowledge and taking collective action to strengthen our programs and effectively leverage resources to achieve the desired impact.
The Lower East Side Family Union is a long-standing community-based organization with a rich history of serving children, adults and families in New York City. We offer a host of social, emotional, recreational, vocational and civic resources and opportunities upon request. Limited Services are open to anyone in need of support and LESFU staff will readily provide assistance. Short-term assistance includes and is not limited to:
- Housing Needs
- Food and Clothing Resources
- Securing Vital Documents (e.g., social security cards, birth certificates)
- Summer Camp Registration (e.g. Fresh Air Fund)